We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made to this Policy by indicating on this Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personal information you provide to us will be used.
What Is Personal Information?
As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as the name you provide via the Site and your e-mail address) or information about an individual that is directly linked to personal information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or about a group or category of users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: We collect information from you in various ways when you visit the Site. For example, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you provide a comment. Such information may include personal information, such as the name you provide and your e-mail address.
Passive Collection: When you use the Site, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, your browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on the Site. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, this information is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve the Site, and your experience on the Site. If we link cookies to any personally identifiable information, we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services on the Site.
We may use Web beacons or similar technology on the Site. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in emails relating to the Site to collect certain information and monitor user activity on the Site, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to determine if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to provide information you request, and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- to respond to your emails, comments and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze the Site, and to personalize and improve the Site, and our users’ experiences on the Site;
- to provide you with news and information about our third party events, activities, offers, promotions and services we think will be of interest to you;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- to notify you about important changes to the Site; and
- for any other purpose for which the personal information was collected.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not knowingly share the personal information we collect from you through the Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Site. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so (including, without limitation, if we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Retirement Online LLC, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation, to protect Retirement Online LLC or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Site;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Retirement Online LLC.
We are not responsible for the actions of Service Providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any other users or third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with third party privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such third parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Links to Other Websites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can guarantee against any interception or any other type of misuse. To assist with the protection of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised or misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of such marketing emails by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.